Nowadays, there is a lot of buzz going around the dog fences, and many people prefer it over other options as the setup is easy and doesn’t require much time and effort either. A dog fence is being used for a very long time now as it can effectively keep the pets safe and secure. When you have a loveable pet at home, you want them to remain secure in their safe zone, and there is no fear that another animal may harm or injure them.
Wireless Dog Fences Best Or Useless?
In old times the method of installing these fences was difficult and involved digging the ground and many wires altogether. Due to new technology, the set up has become easy as there are no wires of digging of ground engaged in the process.
Moreover, it can keep your dog, and even cat safe in a particular zone no wonder it has been so popular and the popularity doesn’t seem to die down anytime soon. Almost every family has one pet at home, and this is why the demand for this fence is increasing every day. Once you have purchased a wireless dog fence and are ready to install it, it will catch up with the signal from the transmitter which has been placed centrally in your local area.
When the signals come out of this transmitter, they make a circular zone in your garden or backyard area depending on wherever you’re pet is living. Apart from all these specialties, there are certain things that the pet owner needs to keep in mind. Let’s look at them below.
What are the Things to be considered before installing a wireless dog fence?
A wireless dog fence happens to be a suitable choice only for circular and large areas. if the area in your garden is narrow then it may not be good enough
- A fence is not ideal for sloppy or terraced grounds
- If wooden materials surround the area, then the signal won’t be caught easily. Similarly metal and few other materials will hinder the quality of the signal received through the transmitter
- Another disadvantage is that if your pet is inside the house, they cannot wear a collar as it can collide with the television and other delicate household items
- The boundary which has been created by the signals fluctuates at times, and this can be harmful to the dog
- If you have a mobile transmitter at home, then you have to get it removed if you want proper installation of a dog fence
- The collar which comes packed with the fence is large and is heavy for small dogs or cats
- It may not give adequate warning or signal to the pet even when they are moving out or in the safe zone
Also, if these are some considerations, it doesn’t mean that the dog fence doesn’t work for the owners. They are an ideal choice for people residing in the USA as their houses are constructed in such a way that can give proper coverage of signals and transmissions to the safe zone.
For people who are living in the UK, this fence is more like a blessing as their gardens already have a fence; it is like a backup solution for them. It is recommended that the pet owner should remove the collar of the dog or cat whenever they are entering inside the house. This is an excellent way to get you free from any issues.
What are the Advantages of a wireless dog fence?
- The wireless dog fence is easy to install and is portable enough to be transported from one place to the other
- There are no wires or cables involved in the installation process, so the chances of damage are none
Why get a wireless dog fence?
If you don’t want to spoil your yard with a wooden or metal fence, getting a wireless dog fence could be a good option. You can easily take your dog to a new location and still track his movements without any issues. The wireless dog fence is straightforward to assemble and install, and it can be bought at an affordable price. Some neighborhoods don’t allow putting fences because that may spoil the property.
If you live in such an area, you must get a wireless dog fence for your dog. If you have installed a picket fence outside the property of your house, it could badly spoil the street view of your home. Dogs love to dig the grounds, and if you have grown plants or vegetables in your ground, they have high chances of getting ruined. A wireless dog fence can protect your dog and your garden at the same time. The moment your dog steps out of the boundary you have set for him, the collar starts beeping to alert you.